We are looking for an enthusiastic student assistant to support the ELS Academy. The Netherlands Academy for Empirical Legal Studies serves as a platform that brings together (aspiring) empirical legal scholars from all universities in the Netherlands. Embodying a national collaboration in the field of empirical legal studies in the context of the Law Sector Plan, the ELS Academy is focused on educating and supporting researchers who are interested in empirically exploring questions that are legally relevant.
Tasks include but are not limited to:
- Writing and editing content for our website
- Maintaining our social media
- Helping with designing banners, promotional materials, etc.
- Helping to organize workshops and events
- Taking minutes of (board) meetings
- Are a bachelor’s or master’s student in law at a Dutch university who is available for this
position for (at least) one year
- Have an interest in empirical legal studies and are eager to learn
- Are a good writer (for example because you have experience with editorial work)
- Have good organizational and planning skills
- Are independent and accurate in your work
- Are flexible when it comes to work hours
- Are fluent in Dutch and English
The position is for 0,2 fte (one day a week), for one year, with the possibility to extend the contract when both parties are satisfied. You will be employed at Leiden Law School. Many tasks can be done while working remotely. The anticipated start date is March 15, but this is flexible.
Are you interested in this position? Please apply by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your curriculum vitae and motivation letter by January 6 2023. You will be invited for a job interview in the second half of January.
If you have any questions regarding this vacancy, you may contact Helen Pluut at email@example.com.